If you’re struggling with the housing crisis, the cost-of-living crisis, or just coping with years of austerity, our HOUSING AND BENEFITS SUPPORT service can help. We can assist you to find accommodation, resolve housing issues, claim benefits, and choose the correct specialist health and well-being service for your needs. Our goal is to help you solve your immediate problem and develop a plan to prevent it happening again.
Here’s what we can help you with:
- Legal advice in housing (including security of tenure, overcrowding, transfers, and disrepair)
- Advice in homelessness (including housing allocation and suitability for particular housing)
- Referrals to supported housing
- Assistance with homelessness and other housing applications.
- Advice on welfare benefits
- Support with completing benefit applications, mandatory reconsiderations and appeals
- Assistance with applications for ID if you don’t have any
We work with partnership organisations to represent you in County Court with Housing and Mortgage Possession Claims and Warrants of Eviction, and in the HM Courts and Tribunal Service with Welfare Benefit Claims.
Additionally, we can help you find specialised support for mental health issues, addiction problems and debt.
To get in touch with an adviser, you can:
- call us at 020 8694 7740
- email us at email@example.com
- or visit our website at https://benchoutreach.com/
You can also drop in to make an appointment at:
- Bench Outreach, 14, New King Street, SE8 3HS – Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 2000 Community Action Centre, Grove Street, London SE8 3PG – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Clyde Nursery School, Alverton Street, London, SE8 5NH – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Greenwich Winter Night Shelter, 360 Middle Park Avenue, Eltham, SE9 5QH – Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
If you are unable to come to see us, we can come to see you.
Are you rough sleeping or concerned about a rough sleeper? Ring Street Link on 0300 500 0914 or click this link.