Our access service provides expert advice and support for people who are homeless and vulnerable to homelessness. Within the service we aim to help resolve not only housing needs but also any wider issues that can contribute to being more vulnerable to homelessness. We offer tailor made support and work with you to offer a clear plan in line with your needs, to help you work towards independence of services.
We are able to offer:
- Legal advice in housing (including security of tenure, overcrowding, transfers, and disrepair)
- Advice in homelessness (including housing allocation and suitability for particular housing)
- Referrals to supported housing
- Assistance with homelessness and other housing applications.
- Advice on welfare benefits
- Support with completing benefit applications, mandatory reconsiderations and appeals
- Assistance with applications for ID if you don’t have any
In addition we can offer representation in County Court with Housing and Mortgage Possession Claims and with Warrants of Eviction and in HMC and Tribunal Service with Welfare Benefit Claims. We also offer signposting and referrals to other services such as drug and alcohol and mental health.
The access service is by appointment only so please call the office to make an appointment on 0208 694 7740
If you are unable to come to the office we can offer home visits depending on capacity. We also have two outreach services, one running in CGL (suspended until further notice) on Wednesdays and one in the Pepys Estate Cafe on Thursday 10am – 3pm (suspended until further notice).